I know what you might be thinking, you’re hearing a lot about this sales enablement thing, and your first thought is it's just "marketing fluff" that will come and go like the wind. And while we understand we marketers have developed a pretty good reputation for “polishing a terd” once in a while, this isn’t one of those times. Sales enablement processes are a proven method to enhance sales operations so your reps work the new leads from marketing more effectively so they can close business faster.
To better articulate this fact, here are some compelling sales enablement stats:
1. Over 75% of companies using sales enablement tools indicated that sales increased over the past 12 months, with nearly 40% reporting growth of more than 25%. (Source - Highspot)
Sales enablement processes absolutely need the right tools in order to be successful. Reason being, the more you can automate and streamline within your sales processes, the more likely you are to close the deal. And to elaborate further on this, keep in mind that of those who implemented tools like HubSpot for sales enablement, 23% reported conversion rate increases of at least 20%.
2. Searches for “Sales Enablement” on Google increase by 51.2% year over year. (Source - Google Trends)
That sharp of an increase has a reason behind it, and that’s because sales enablement works. Marketing and sales leaders globally are realizing the significant impact a sales enablement implementation can have on their overall growth goals, and they are doing an extensive amount of research on how to get it started.
3. Companies with a sales enablement team are 52% more likely to have a sales process that’s tightly aligned with the buyer’s journey. (Source - HighSpot)
Today’s buyers don’t have time to mess around, and if your process isn’t in line with their buying process, you’re likely losing sales opportunities left and right. Sales enablement teams, tools, and processes help to tighten up all areas of the sales process so sales reps can close sales more effectively. This means sending the right emails at the right time while providing the content the prospect needs to move them further along in the buyer’s journey and into becoming a customer.
4. Aberdeen found that 74% of high-performing organizations have strong sales and marketing alignment.
When your sales and marketing teams are jointly working toward the same revenue goals, everyone remains laser focused and clear on what defines success for your organization. When marketing automation and sales enablement are added to the mix, it creates the perfect combination for attainable growth.
5. 58% of pipeline stalls because reps are unable to add value. (Source - Salesforce)
B2B businesses of today are very careful about making purchases if they don't have a direct correlation to ROI. If a sales representative lacks the content to articulate the value, it is more likely than ever to result in a closed lost opportunity.
6. 59% of companies that surpassed revenue targets and 72% that exceeded them by 25% or more – have defined sales enablement functions, compared to only 30% of underperforming organizations. (Source - Forbes)
Avoid the fate of becoming an underperforming organization with a sales enablement process backed by automation with the HubSpot sales platform. It pulls your marketing and sales processes into one convenient place so you can monitor and track every phase of the sales process and buyer’s journey—from the first form download until the contract is accepted and much more.