As the most trusted inbound marketing agency in Michigan, we have been working diligently with many companies here at home as well as across the country who are reaping the benefits of successful innovative marketing strategies. I’m sure most of you will agree that you would also love to see a flurry of new leads in the sales pipeline as soon as possible. The good news is, that’s what inbound marketing can do for you.
So, you might be someone who is sitting back thinking, “that’s easier said than done, this whole ‘inbound marketing’ thing seems a little overwhelming, and we’ve got a lot going on right now.” Well, you would be correct that implementing an innovative marketing strategy using the inbound methodology is definitely a process that takes some time and attention, but it is not as scary as it may seem at first glance. And more importantly, it’s worth it for your business to put in the time and effort!
To break it all down for you, I wanted to take some time to share with you five easy tips for implementing an innovative marketing strategy with inbound, so you can finally get the process off the ground for your business.
Tip #1: Do Some Light Reading
Putting together an inbound strategy for your business should happen because you know and understand what an inbound process actually is and how you can benefit from it, not just because you hear that it’s the ‘new and cool’ thing to do. Thankfully, places like HubSpot and many other amazing writers out there have created some simple, but yet amazing online content to break down the process pretty easily for you. Even I wrote a pretty basic blog awhile back taking you through the process of inbound marketing and why a company can benefit from implementing it. And if reading blogs isn’t your thing, head on over to Pinterest and do a simple search for ‘inbound marketing’ and some awesome infographics are available. These graphics are (usually) pretty easy-to-read images that can give you a visual picture of how you can attract, covert, close and delight your customers through the process of inbound marketing.
Tip #2: Define Your Inbound Goals
Every business is different and inbound marketing goals can vary depending on your industry. Maybe you are looking for an increase in your website traffic, retainer business or you want to see an increase in your customer base, regardless of what you hope to measure and gain from inbound it’s important to sit down and outline those items. Create a realistic picture of what growth looks like for your business.
Additionally, take some time to ask some questions so you can evaluate the marketing shift you are about to implement at your business. Some of these questions could be:
- What are the goals you are setting for revenue this year?
- When you talk about growth for your organization, what does that actually look like?
- How do you hope inbound marketing will impact your sales processes and your current marketing set up?
Once you have a clear picture of what inbound success looks like for your company, do some research on your particular industry and what others’ out there are doing with regard to their innovative marketing strategy. Take a careful note of the content that other companies like yours are pushing out to their audiences, because very likely, that’s similar (but not exactly the same) to what you will need to be creating as well.
Tip #3: Survey Your Existing Content
Most people assume when launching inbound marketing that they are essentially starting over and completely deviating from their other, more traditional marketing methods. And while that may be true, the good news is that the old marketing information and resources you already have invested in, those may be redesigned, and tweeked to fit into an inbound marketing process.
For example, maybe on your current site you have a list of ‘how to’ YouTube videos. These are amazing content pieces that can be repurposed as tools in your inbound process. Simply by adding a Landing Page to obtain visitor contact information in front of the video, you will be able to begin the process of making inbound magic happen. This is true with articles you may have written, old blog posts that can become whitepaper resources and much more! Take a look through all your old content from your website, social media profiles and newsletters, make an inventory of it and repurpose it again and again!
Tip #4: Get Started!
There’s no time like the present, right? If you’ve decided that you want an innovative marketing strategy using inbound, there are a number of things you can do to get your business ready to go. If you’ve already inventoried your content library, you now have the ability to a number of other things to make the implementation process go smoothly.
- Freshen up Your Content: As we mentioned, those articles, newsletters and videos you invested in 5 years ago may have some really valuable information, but they just need a little updating. Take some time to rewrite sections or incorporate fresh images to give all your content pieces both an updated look and feel.
- Develop Buyer Personas: Buyer Personas are fictional representations of your ideal customer(s). Write out their stories including their age, demographics, economic status and what drives them when making purchasing decisions. You may have just 1 or 2 buyer personas or you may have 5, it all depends on your business. Survey your employees about who they think is your ideal customers to help you better develop these fictional characters. These buyer personas are the people you will be targeting with your inbound marketing strategies, so a clear picture of who your customer is will be highly beneficial when starting the inbound process.
- Pay Attention to Social Media: Your social channels will be a great resource to you within your inbound marketing strategies, they are one of the key channels that drives traffic to your website and your landing pages, so they need to look good! Make sure they are updated with relevant and current information.
Social Tip: Scatter your own information amidst other, informational content or articles that your readers’ will enjoy.
Tip #5: Partner Up
And no, I’m not talking about line dancing or your next hot date. I mean finding a trusted partner that can advise you through the process of implementing an innovating marketing plan. Hiring a partner to work through inbound with you can take a tremendous amount of the stress away from what might seem like an overwhelming task. An inbound marketing agency like ManoByte can walk you through this process. Many agencies offer a variety of different levels of services from a very simple inbound overview and consultation to completely managing the entire inbound process for your business. So have no fear, there are definitely people available to answer your questions and help make the marketing transition not such a frightening one.
At ManoByte, we are committed to making 2015 the best year yet for all of our valued clients. We are an inbound marketing agency that is completely dedicated to creating innovative marketing strategies that don’t just look good to an audience, but that actually deliver measurable results that our clients can grow their businesses with. Let us know if you are ready to put these tips into action with an effective inbound strategy implementation with the help of our dedicated team.