What is video marketing? Simply defined, video marketing involves using video as a means of marketing your service, product or brand. From how-to videos to customer testimonials, video is a medium that has the potential to offer powerful inbound marketing results. Video brings together multiple aesthetic concepts, including visual, aural and conceptual art, rolling them into one to provide an experience that engages multiple senses at one time.
With the availability of smooth video streaming on desktop and mobile devices, video has become instantly accessible to consumers, making it a necessary and powerful form of engagement for small businesses and big brands. Here’s a closer look at video marketing, why it’s so valuable, and how you can make the most of it to market your company effectively.
Understanding the Value of Video
Now that you understand what video marketing is, it’s essential to realize why it should be an important part of every company’s inbound marketing campaign today. What is the value of video?
- Video Improves User Engagement – Video marketing allows you to make use of a medium that offers your viewer very little freedom of their own, which is why it improves user engagement. Unlike text, viewers can’t just skim through a video to pick out areas they think are relevant. Video either captures the attention of the viewer, or they just stop watching.
- Video engages audiences in a different way – it’s driven by storytelling and has the ability to communicate a large amount of information in a short time. This makes it possible to engage viewers quickly.
Studies show how powerful video can be when it comes to user engagement. Posts with videos have been proven to keep viewers on a website far longer than text or images. When it comes to social sharing, once again, video wins, since video posts are the most shared posts on social media sites.
- Video Improves Search Engine Rankings – When you’re working to improve search engine rankings, video is a valuable resource. Websites with video are more likely to show up on the first page of Google search results. As more video is incorporated into organic search results, it’s possible to use video to increase brand exposure. Video can be used as an excellent link building tool, which also improves search engine rankings.
- Video Increases Conversion Rates – It’s not enough to get visitors to your website, you want to turn them into sales. When you want to get visitors to make the decision to buy from you, video can help. Video marketing helps increase conversion rates in a couple of ways. First, it keeps visitors on your site longer, increasing the likelihood that they’ll make a purchase. Second, online consumers are often more likely to convert after seeing product or service explainer videos.
- Video Builds Emotional Connections – Building emotional connections with consumers is important, and fully engaged, connected consumers are responsible for a significant portion of a company’s revenue. What is video marketing? It’s the chance to appeal to the emotions of your viewer, building a human connection. You can use images, music and human connections in videos to create marketing campaigns that are emotionally appealing and unforgettable to consumers.
Creative Video Marketing Ideas
Once you understand video marketing, you’ll want to use some creativity to make the most of this marketing tool. Although video can offer great marketing results, if consumers don’t watch your videos, they won’t provide the results you desire. This means companies must get creative with their video marketing ideas to come up with videos that connect with their audience in meaningful ways. Here’s a look at some creative ideas that can be used in videos to effectively build a brand or market a specific product or service.
- Highlight Features and Benefits – Use videos that look at specific services or products, highlighting the features and benefits. Take this opportunity to show consumers what they’ll get when they purchase from your company.
- Answer Common Questions – Think about what customers ask most about your services or products. Use short videos to address those questions, providing a video FAQ that can help consumers. Not only are these videos easy to make, they offer great value to consumers.
- Discuss Case Studies/Results – Do you have case studies that show the effectiveness of your product? Can you show the results your services have achieved with other clients? Turn case studies or results into videos that show potential customers what you can do for them. Consider weaving in testimonials from happy customers to further demonstrate what your product or service can do.
- Go Behind the Scenes – Another creative video marketing idea is to go behind the scenes of your company with your video. Show off what’s going on behind the scenes and how you do business. Introduce company workers or consider showing how products are made. This offers a great way to create a connection with your viewers.
- Tell a Story – When a company tells a compelling story with video, big things can happen. Storytelling is the basis of all successful marketing. Stories resonate with your audience. It builds a unique emotional connection. Find a story you can tell, whether it’s a story that has shaped the way your company does business or a story about how your product or service has helped someone in an incredible way.
Making the Most of Video Marketing
You already know the answer to the question, what is video marketing? However, you also need to know how to make the most of this powerful marketing tool. Great videos are worthless if they don’t reach your target audience and receive the views they deserve. Here are a few helpful tips you can use to make the most of video marketing.
- Tip #1 – Don’t Forget to Use an Attention-Grabbing, Keyword-Rich Title – It’s easy to create a great video and then forget about the title, but a good title is just as important as a great title for a blog post. The title needs to grab the attention of viewers, but it also needs to be keyword rich so your video shows up in search engines, boosting visibility and improving your marketing results.
- Tip #2 – Always Offer Content That Has Value to Your Audience – Make sure you take the time to think about your target audience. What can you offer in a video that your target audience will find valuable? How-to videos have become especially successful in videowhat marketing, because they offer value to viewers while showing off a company’s skill and knowledge, positioning companies as experts in their industry. This is essential when you’re working to build your company’s brand.
- Tip #3 – Display Your Website Address in the Video and in the Video Description – Each video you make should bring viewers to your website, even if that’s not the only goal of the video. That’s why it’s important to display your website address in the video and in the video description. Don’t leave viewers wondering how they can find your business – include that website address.
- Tip #4 – Look Beyond Video Websites – Placing videos on YouTube is a great place to start, especially since YouTube is owned by Google and can offer you a boost in the search engines. However, you need to look beyond video websites to make the most of video marketing. Include videos on your website to increase time spent on your website and boost conversion rates. Add videos to your social media channels to increase engagement and get social media users to your website.
- Tip #5 – Add Your Company Logo to the Video – Video marketing offers a great way to build a strong brand, so make sure you take advantage of the branding opportunities by adding your company logo to the video. You can display the logo throughout the video or simply have it show up at key times during the video.
What is video marketing? It’s currently one of the hottest marketing tools out there, and video continues to explode in popularity, and it will keep growing. If you’re still not convinced that you should be using video marketing as a part of your marketing campaign, take a look at a few statistics:
- 96% of business-to-business organizations are using video marketing, and 73% report that they’ve seen positive results
- More people in the 18–49-year-old age group are reached via YouTube than by the top 10 prime-time shows in the U.S.
- Videos on social media get 1,200% more shares than pictures and text combined.
- 70% of marketers say that video marketing offers more conversions than other types of content.
Are you ready to start harnessing the power of video marketing for your business?