The one and only Mark Mitchell of Whizard Strategy Shares How to Sell Your Construction Products, Overcome Channel Conflict, Stay in the Race Against Disruptors, and Reallocate Traditional Marketing Funds to Digital in the New Channel Sales Landscape.
- 2:20 - Meet Mark Mitchell
- 5:10 - Why All of Your Customers Are Not the Same.
- 7:08 - The Best Ways to Come to Truly Know and Understand Your Customers (Hint: It's Not More Surveys)
- 13:21 - How Current BPM Organizational Structure is Often Hindering Listening to Customers and So They Know Without a Doubt That You Have Their Back
- 20:09 - Dealing With "Sold Out" or Longer Lead Times in the Modern Supply Chain Landscape (Hint: Communicate Now, Be Reliable Into The Future)
- 22:54 - Why It's Still Important to Keep Selling Even During Periods of Delayed Order Fulfillment
- 25:38 - How "In the Chaos" Factors Are Keeping Manufacturers from Implementing Future BizDev Strategies
- 27:23 - What's In Store for the Future of Building Products Manufacturing and the Rise of Build-to-Rent Investors
- 31:30 - The Mindset of Economies of Scale and Assurance Impeding New Construction Materials Launches
- 33:57 - Nest Thermostats as an Example of How The Door Is Wide Open for Tech-Minded Startups and Companies to Disrupt Large, Established BPMs Who Aren't Pivoting for Changing Consumer Demands
- 36:45 - Fear of Channel Conflict
- 40:41 - The Important for Manufacturers to Help Their Distribution Channel Partners Also Get Up To Speed Digitally and Selling Online
- 50:48 - Destructive Mistakes In Building Materials Marketing Assumptions
- 53:30 - What Marketing Tactics BPMs Should STOP Investing Resources Into
- 55:49 - Defining Your Customer Niche Beyond Just "Building Materials Buyers" (with Examples)
- 1:03:10 - How to Use LinkedIn To Generate Demand for Your Products
- 1:04:27 - The Best Piece of Advice Mark Has Ever Received
Join host Will Smith live as he brings in a guest and speaks with them about their experiences, expertise, and advice around Building Materials Marketing.
Sell More Building Materials, Better
Looking to implement solutions to disruptions in the building materials industry and channel sales methods? That's what we're all about!