Happy April! It’s hard to believe that three months of 2018 have already flown by, but with Q2 starting, now’s the perfect time for some marketing strategy spring cleaning. It’s normal for the year to start off strong when you’re full of new ideas, energy, and drive. But then time passes, and the results aren’t as good as you thought they’d be. No worries! Here are four tips to get yourself back on track and start this next quarter right:
1. Re-evaluate Your Content Strategy
Few things are more disheartening than working hard on great content only to watch it fall flat. When you only get a handful of views and no conversions, you may wonder - where did I go wrong? It's not uncommon, but an underperforming guide or blog post is no reason to throw in the towel. The truth is, content marketing is a lot harder than it used to be, and just making more content isn’t always better. Today, people want easy access to answers, and that means longer, clutter-free content, comprehensive considerations of topics, and even - yes - ungating valuable information here and there. After all, if something’s not working, what’s the harm in trying something new?
Want to learn more about optimizing your content strategy this year? Check out our free webinar, Tips for Getting Your Content Seen in 2018.
2. Invest in Paid Advertising
3. Try Out Some New Tools
Sometimes all you need to kickstart innovation is something new to get excited about. Whether social media management is taking up all your time, or you feel like you aren’t leveraging a certain channel to its fullest extent, there’s an app tool for that. Here are some of our favorites:
- HubSpot: Bet you didn’t see this one coming! There’s a reason we talk about HubSpot so much: it is hands-down the most user-friendly and complete platform for your inbound marketing efforts, with plenty of proprietary features and integration capabilities to cover all the target areas that your industry may demand. The price tag may seem steep at first, but HubSpot is a long-term investment for your marketing future. With all its functionality, we know you’ll find that it more than pays for itself.
Interested to see what you can do with the power of HubSpot?
- BuzzSumo: How do you decide what content to create? If you’re like most marketers, you’ve crafted a system of educated guesses and trial & error - but there’s a better way. BuzzSumo is a powerful tool that lets you discover trending topics and relevant influencers. You can even analyze what your competitors are doing and strengthen your content efforts.
- Listly: This one kills a few birds with one stone. It allows you to curate content that’s relevant to your business so you can get a sense of what your target audience is interested in. Also, it makes your social media efforts seamless and effective: after putting together a list of great articles, videos, and resources and subscribing to the lists of others, you'll never have to search around for something to post again.