Drew Ondrey, Partner of Southern Green Builders, Shares His Thoughts on What Manufacturers Should Be Doing to Get (and Keep) His Attention for Using Their Products.
- 6:24 - Meet Drew Ondrey
- 11:04 - Drew's outlook on the "status quo" on construction
- 13:40 - How Drew performs research for new products to use in custom home build projects
- 15:55 - What product information Drew looks for on Building Materials Manufacturer websites
- 19:40 - How Drew perceives a manufacturer's website performance is correlated to their quality of customer service outside of the website.
- 21:05 - How Drew and his team "dates" a manufacturer when switching products and construction systems (and how manufacturer's can make a good first impression)
- 30:19 - Drew perspective on what everyone in the construction space should start doing (specifically, eliminating waste)
- 33:09 - Drew share surprising results of team's change to their physical project management board and what their team is proud of
- 36:12 - How Southern Green Builders, even as a custom home builder, is able to achieve a consistent final build each time
- 37:24 - The best advise that Drew has ever received and his final thoughts
- Manufacturers know what the product is designed to do, local distributors often don't. Custom home builders look to the manufacturers to provide this information on their websites
- When looking for new products, if builders cannot quickly find information about product specifications, use cases, and install guides on a manufacturer's website, that product will usually go to the bottom of the list
- For Drew and his team, a product hits the top of their list when the manufacturer is continually:
- Making it easier for his teams
- Maintaining a quality product
- Streamlining procurement
- Enabling supportive post-sale interactions
- Offering effective pricing
- They key to a successful final build comes down to the accuracy of a manufacturer's specification information
Join host Will Smith live as he brings in a guest and speaks with them about their experiences, expertise, and advice around Building Materials Marketing.
Sell More Building Materials, Better
Looking to implement solutions to disruptions in the building materials industry and channel sales methods? That's what we're all about!