Drew Ondrey, Partner of Southern Green Builders, Shares His Thoughts on What Manufacturers Should Be Doing to Get (and Keep) His Attention for Using Their Products.
- 6:24 - Meet Drew Ondrey
- 11:04 - Drew's outlook on the "status quo" on construction
- 13:40 - How Drew performs research for new products to use in custom home build projects
- 15:55 - What product information Drew looks for on Building Materials Manufacturer websites
- 19:40 - How Drew perceives a manufacturer's website performance is correlated to their quality of customer service outside of the website.
- 21:05 - How Drew and his team "dates" a manufacturer when switching products and construction systems (and how manufacturer's can make a good first impression)
- 30:19 - Drew perspective on what everyone in the construction space should start doing (specifically, eliminating waste)
- 33:09 - Drew share surprising results of team's change to their physical project management board and what their team is proud of
- 36:12 - How Southern Green Builders, even as a custom home builder, is able to achieve a consistent final build each time
- 37:24 - The best advise that Drew has ever received and his final thoughts
- Manufacturers know what the product is designed to do, local distributors often don't. Custom home builders look to the manufacturers to provide this information on their websites
- When looking for new products, if builders cannot quickly find information about product specifications, use cases, and install guides on a manufacturer's website, that product will usually go to the bottom of the list
- For Drew and his team, a product hits the top of their list when the manufacturer is continually:
- Making it easier for his teams
- Maintaining a quality product
- Streamlining procurement
- Enabling supportive post-sale interactions
- Offering effective pricing
- They key to a successful final build comes down to the accuracy of a manufacturer's specification information
Join host Will Smith live as he brings in a guest and speaks with them about their experiences, expertise, and advice around Building Materials Marketing.